MORRIS MOOR complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and all other applicable privacy legislation. The APPs regulate the manner in which we collect, use, hold, disclose and destroy personal information.
personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
sensitive information is a subset of personal information, and includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation and criminal record, and includes health information and genetic information.
Morris Moor or we, us or our includes Morris Moor Pty Ltd ACN 149 641 145, Arc Residences Pty Ltd ACN 612 443 802, Arc Townhomes Pty Ltd ACN 637 423 628, Morris Moor Pty Ltd and their related entities.
Website means and includes our websites, located at https://morrismoor.com/ and any other websites owned or controlled by the Morris Moor from time to time.
What personal information we collect
The personal information that we collect about you will depend on the nature of the dealings you have with the Morris Moor. The kinds of personal information that we regularly collect includes, but is not necessarily limited to your:
- First and last name, address, telephone number, date of birth, postcode, email address and other contact information;
- your driver’s licence number or passport number;
- details of your employment including your employer name, your position, commencement date and previous employment history;
- details of your property preferences as well as information in relation to any properties previously owned or leased by you;
- financial information including information in relation to your salary and other sources of income, credit card details and bank account details and other information about your dealings with us or our agents or suppliers which may include insurance policies,taxation information and level of desired investment and
- electronic data collected via cookies when you use our Website, including your IP address, browser type, geographical tags, and statistical data.
- Details on how you found the Morris Moor and its related entities.
It is unlikely that we would need to collect sensitive information from you and will not do so unless we are authorised by law or otherwise have your express consent.
You are entitled to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with us, unless:
- you are required by law to use your real name; or
- it is impracticable for us to deal with you without using your real name.
However, please note that if we do not collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information, then we may not be able to provide our services to you.
- How we collect personal information
We will strive to collect personal information directly from you, including through our Website and agents, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We collect personal information when you make enquiries with us, when you access and use our Websites or engage with our social media channels or when you provide personal information to our sales representatives and agents.
We may also collect personal information about you by indirect means including from our clients, contractors, suppliers and other associates including our real estate agents, your legal and financial representatives and your past and current employers. We also collect personal information from publicly available sources. Where we have collected your personal information by indirect means, we will take reasonable steps to inform you that we have your personal information.
Before we collect your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to inform you as to why we are collecting the information, how it will be used and to whom it will be disclosed.
Purpose of collection and how we use personal information
We use personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected. We may also use your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect including our administrative and accounting functions, marketing and promotions, feedback, newsletter communications, statistical collection and website analysis.
We use the personal information that we collect to enable us to conduct our business, to provide our products and services to you, to carry on our marketing activities and for other reasonably foreseeable purposes, including:
- to develop and maintain a lasting relationship with you, including communicating with you and providing you with information relating to our products and services, and other products and services that we consider may interest you;
- to communicate with and engage third parties related to our provision of products and services to you;
- to consider your application for tenancy or employment with us;
- to provide information to utilities, financial institutions, government authorities and other related entities on your behalf;
- to arrange repairs and maintenance as required;
- to comply with our legal, financial and reporting obligations;
- for enhancing our products and services, including our online presence;
- for research, planning, service development, security or risk management; and
- to respond to enquiries.
Where you have provided your consent for us to do so, we may also use personal information that we have collected to periodically send you promotional emails about new developments, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. You can opt out of these communications at any time.
We may utilise "cookies" on our Website and on other social media channels to collect information about you, in particular:
- your usage of our Website, pages visited, time spent, items and information searched;
- your IP address, to ascertain whether you have visited the website previously; and
- to determine preferences set while you were browsing our Website.
We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and to help customise your website experience and to improve the quality of our products and services.
Disclosure of personal information
We treat all personal information collected by us as strictly private and confidential, and will not disclose any personal information unless:
- you consent to such disclosure;
- you consent to such disclosure;
- the disclosure if to our staff and related entities;
- the disclosure is required in the course of providing products or services to you (for example, where we engage a third party supplier);
- the disclosure is to an external service provider on a confidential basis for financial or administrative purposes (for example to our legal and IT services providers);
- the disclosure is to a third party recruitment firm in respect of your prospective employment with us;
- the disclosure is required pursuant to our terms of service and required by law in the discharge of our statutory obligations;
- the disclosure is in connection with the actual or proposed sale, merger or divestment of all or part of our business (whether or not any such transaction is completed); or
- we are required or permitted to do so by law.
The personal information we collect may be disclosed to third parties, including our related companies, mortgage brokers and third party service providers which may be located outside Australia.
If we disclose personal information to third parties, we work with those third parties to ensure that all personal information we provide is kept secure, is only used to perform the task for which they have been provided, and is handled in accordance with the APPs.
We may request your consent to disclose your personal information for a particular purpose. In other circumstances, you will be deemed to have given your consent, including where you indicate to us that you wish to obtain information from any of our affiliated third parties about the products and services that they provide.
We do not sell or trade in personal information, and will not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of marketing of their products or services to you without your consent, where your consent is required by law.
We may need to disclose some of your personal information to an overseas recipient, in the course of providing our products and services to you. However, we will only do so where:
- such disclosure is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you; and
- you have provided your consent; or
- we reasonably believe that the recipient is required to deal with the personal information in accordance with laws which are similar to the APPs and will keep the personal information secure and use it only for the purpose for which it was collected; or
- it is otherwise permitted or required by law or court order.
Data security and data quality
We take our obligations under the Privacy Act and the privacy of all individuals very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and hold is protected from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure.
We hold personal information in electronic and hard copy form and endeavour to ensure that this personal information is protected by various security measures, including by:
- taking all reasonable steps to keep our premises secure;
- storing all data on a secure online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform;
- implementing password controls on our computers and other electronic devices, servers and emails; and
- using up to date software including antivirus and intrusion prevention.
Access and correction
The accuracy of the personal information we collect is imperative to us providing our products and services. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. If you become aware that any of the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact us on the details below.
If we discover that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, or if you make a written request to us with respect to your personal information, wherever practicable and appropriate we will provide you with access to, or take steps to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer (contact details below). If access or correction is denied, we will inform you of the reasons why.
To request access to or correction of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer:
By Phone: +61 421 957 648 By mail to: 1 Cochranes Road Moorabbin VIC 3189
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information above. We will treat your complaint as confidential, investigate it and aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time.
We will handle all complaints in accordance with our obligations under the APPs.
If you are dissatisfied with any decision made by us in relation to your complaint, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or at email@example.com.
We review our policies regularly and may amend this policy from time to time. If we amend this policy, any updated version will be posted on our Website. We recommend that you revisit this page regularly and familiarise yourself with any updates.
This policy was last updated in June 2021.